post surgical something or other

I have had about four false starts on writing a new blog post since my surgery last Friday. But concentrating on any one thing for more than a few minutes has been hard to do ever since a guy stuck a mask on my face and said "just breathe norma...."

So I'm feeling pressure to have something new up on the blog, but it's not an easy thing when after typing two sentences my brain wants to exert all of its powers to interpet the sound of the car that just drove by: what kind of car was it? how fast was it going? which way was it going? was it driven by a fat man who moved to town three years ago in order to look for his estranged daughter who left home eight years ago with her dog and the $500 she stole from the fat man's dresser drawer?

Yeah, stuff like that. It's a good thing I'm not back at work yet.

1 comment:

The Portly Gentleman in Aisle 5 said...

Welcome back. It seems that you might be a little groggy for a while. Get some sleep norma.